Sunday 13 July 2014

I come out of retirement

As you probably know Matt Givertz has decided that he wants to drive from the UK to Mongolia and back to raise money for charity.  Chances are you are following his blog about this and while his desire to do a challenge to raise money for charity is a very worthwhile undertaking I felt it was only right and proper that, since I wasn't consulted but simply dragged into the venture, you also got my view on this.  As a consequence I have sought out my mate Stephen who has supplied me with the technology to be able to put my thoughts down on paper so to speak so here it is, the alternative blog to MattGivertzDoes60.

So, there I was enjoying retirement in Cinderford in the Forest of Dean with my previous keeper, Peter Morgan, when one day along comes this chap and his mate to uproot me from my life of comfort and effectively turn my world upside down.  I found out that the one with the weird taste in coats was Matt and that he was to be my new keeper.  I've got to say I find it hard to believe that anyone with such apparent shocking taste would appreciate a car of my dashing appearance but there y'go nought so strange as folk.

Matt's the weirdo in the coat.  I'm the car
Anyway, Matt and his mate, who I now know is Paul Pibworth, spent a while chatting with Peter and his dad before I guess money changed hands and Peter handed over the keys.

As I wasn't too happy about not being consulted in this change to my life style I decided to make it difficult for Matt and for a while  refused to start and then almost rear-ended Paul's car on the way out of town.  In the end I decided what the hell and let Matt drive me back to wherever it is he lives which was a couple of hours away from Cinderford.  The journey passed off relatively uneventfully with Matt muttering a lot and it wasn't until we got back that I found out he hadn't driven for around 17 years!

What had I got myself into?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment